Friday, December 13, 2013

Sing me sweet and sleepy All the way back back home...



9:50pm 12/13........After working & travelling since 6:00am, I was desperately looking forward to climbing into my own bed. I was getting ready to crawl under my comforter &go to sleep last night but there was something that was bothering me. I couldn't pin point it as the past few days have been hectic. As I was just closing my eyes, I felt some papers crumpled under my pillow (still have no idea HOW they even got there) This was surreptitiously under my pillow. This is a very special moment digitally captured for, well, ever. I am grateful to my God for once again "strategically placing" this photo, as well as Meg herself, in my path.. Instead of going to sleep, I felt moved create this.......




I would like you to meet my Sister For Life, Meg. 
With her goofy smile, love of all things Grateful Dead & her loving personality, we became fast friends when we met in 2007. 
Meg Chrisman tragically passed away December 9th, 2013.
We are all so very sad & miss you Meg.

click here to hear 
                                      Meg & the Women talk about Home...




Meg & I both loved books written by Dr. Kay Redfield Jamison. We shared all 3 of her books back & forth and thought she had an incredible way of explaining what some of us go through when dealing with mental illnesses, specifically manic-depressive or bi-polar disorder:

“There is a particular kind of pain, elation, loneliness, and terror involved in this kind of madness. When you're high it's tremendous. The ideas and feelings are fast and frequent like shooting stars, and you follow them until you find better and brighter ones. Shyness goes, the right words and gestures are suddenly there, the power to captivate others a felt certainty. There are interests found in uninteresting people. Sensuality is pervasive and the desire to seduce and be seduced irresistible. Feelings of ease, intensity, power, well-being, financial omnipotence, and euphoria pervade one's marrow. But, somewhere, this changes. The fast ideas are far too fast, and there are far too many; overwhelming confusion replaces clarity. Memory goes. Humor and absorption on friends' faces are replaced by fear and concern. Everything previously moving with the grain is now against-- you are irritable, angry, frightened, uncontrollable, and enmeshed totally in the blackest caves of the mind. You never knew those caves were there. It will never end, for madness carves its own reality.”
Kathryn Redfield Jamison

Meg & I will always share some very special bonds. We related in an intellectual & mental way that I rarely experience. I watched & learned from her as she carefully held and soothed my godson when he was an infant. Meg had a very special relationship with him for the first few years of his life, and also with his little sister. She taught me how to be gentle and nurturing; how to be patient with fussy babies.. 



Meg "GOT" me. Period. We had many conversations that
I could never have with anyone else. Meg loved unconditionally
She did not judge. She was humble & sought Christ more and
more everyday.She shared the goodness of God with others & I
believe she tried very hard to do the right thing as best that she could.
Meg was a graduate of Magdalene. She was a special mother. She was a sister, a daughter, an aunt, and godmother. But most of all, Meg was love. She always would have a tight hug & peck on the cheek for those she saw along the way..

  However, my friend Meg struggled, as we all do, with her own demons. She had an unquiet mind... A mind touched by fire.. She fought them very hard, but I think that God wanted her to come on home so that she didn't have to fight her own thoughts, her own internal being, anymore.... I know in my heart the Meg is at peace now, her mind is quiet once again. My prayers are with her family, as well as everyone in our community. It is especially hard to lose another sister.


-Kristin


Fare you well my honey

Fare you well my only true one
All the birds that were singing
Have flown except you alone
Going to leave this broke-down palace
On my hands and my knees I will roll roll roll
Make myself a bed by the waterside
In my time, in my time, I will roll roll roll
In a bed, in a bed
By the waterside I will lay my head
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul
River gonna take me
Sing me sweet and sleepy
Sing me sweet and sleepy
All the way back back home
It's a far gone lullaby
Sung many years ago
Mama, Mama, many worlds I've come
Since I first left home
Going home, going home
By the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul
Going to plant a weeping willow
On the banks green edge it will grow grow grow
Sing a lullaby beside the water
Lovers come and go, the river roll roll roll
Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul

Grateful Dead... Brokedown Palace





I wrote this & blogged it for myself & others that love her. I welcome anyone to add pictures, comments, stories, links... Meg was very special to many of us & I know that I will always remember my dear, sweet, gracious & humble friend & sister, Meg..

1 comment: